Thank you for your interest in sharing a meal!
A home-cooked meal waiting in the kitchen at the end of a long day makes such a difference for our families.
“We loved how the volunteers would bring in meals for everyone. It was so nice knowing that we didn’t have to worry about finding something to eat after a long day at the hospital.” – Bush Family, 19 nights at the House
Making a Meal
- Plan to cook for 10-12 adults.
- Meals must be prepared on-site in our volunteer kitchen
- We ask that meals be ready by 5:30 pm. If this time is a barrier for you, we are flexible – please let us know so we can adjust accordingly.
- You are responsible for planning the meal and providing grocery items needed.
- Note: You may check-in beforehand about condiments or common items we may have in stock!
- We have a fully stocked kitchen with basic preparation items. If your meal requires something specialized, you may bring in your own kitchen tools.
- We ask you clean-up the kitchen when you are finished cooking & leave food out. We will take care of putting any leftovers in containers to store, if needed.
- Plan to prepare 2 dozen of your favorite baked goods.
- Must be prepared on-site in our kitchen.
- Preference is given to those available between 9:30 – 11:00 am, however we can be flexible with your availability.
- Please label if you plan to use nuts or other common allergy-prone ingredients.
Questions? Call 701-232-3980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
You, of course! We are so grateful for our community for stepping up to prepare meals for our families.
We try to have meals prepared each week night.
Whatever you’d like! You know that special meatball recipe you got from grandma? That’d be a good option! Or those bars that your mom makes? That would be a favorite! That award winning chili recipe you make every year on the first snowfall? We think that’d be a BIG hit!
Here are some ideas to get you meal planning muscles working:
- Pull pork sandwiches
- BBQ & Chips
- Chicken and Rice
- Roast beef & potatoes
- Pasta Salad
- Tator tot hotdish
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Hamburger & Brats
First of all, thank you for thinking of that! And, YES, absolutely! That would be perfect, just as long as the food is prepared by a caterer or restaurant in a commercial kitchen.