Each year Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Red River Valley (RMHC-RRV) serves over 350 families and we could not do it without the generous support of our donors like you! RMHC-RRV is a 501(c)3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Gifts of Cash
Gifts of Cash
Benefits of cash gifts:
• Your gift will make an immediate impact on our mission.
• Your gift is eligible for an income tax deduction.
How to make a monetary gift:
To make a one-time or recurring donation on our secure server click here.
Complete the printable donation form and send your check to:
RMHC of the Red River Valley
4757 Agassiz Crossing S
Fargo ND 58104
Call our office at 701-232-3980 to make a gift by credit card during regular business hours (9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday). If you call at another time, please leave a message with Erica and your call will be returned during regular business hours.
IRA Rollover Gifts
IRA Rollover Gifts
Benefits of an IRA gift:
- You can make an immediate impact on our mission.
- You can avoid taxes on transfers up to $100,000 from your IRA direct to RMHC of the Red River Valley.
- You can satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) for the year.
How to make a gift from your IRA:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us. If needed, our tax ID is 45-0365598.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to RMHC of the Red River Valley.
*Since the gift is coming directly from your IRA administrator, please contact us if you would like the gift used for a specific purpose.
Gifts of Stocks and Appreciated Securities
Gifts of Stocks and Appreciated Securities:
If you have stocks with large gains, you may be able to donate your stock in order to get a tax deduction for the fair market value of the stock as well as avoid capital gains stocks. Consult your tax advisor to get more information on whether this is a good transaction for you.
To make a stock gift:
North Dakota Tax Credit Endowment Gifts
The state of North Dakota has given us a wonderful giving opportunity for individuals and businesses that would like to give long-lasting support to RMHC of the Red River Valley. Gifts of $5,000 or more to our qualified endowment fund receive a generous 40 percent state income tax credit. This gift is mutually beneficial as it allows your gift to provide a guaranteed source of income for the future needs of RMHC of the Red River Valley as well as benefit you through a 40 percent North Dakota state income tax credit for qualifying gifts.
Details about your potential gift:
- This program is restricted to North Dakota residents.
- Our qualified endowment fund is held at Dakota Medical Foundation in Fargo. All tax receipts are processed by them.
- Checks should be made out to RMHC of the Red River Valley Endowment Fund.
- Mail (or drop-off) the check to us at 4757 Agassiz Crossing S, Fargo ND 58104 or Dakota Medical Foundation at 4141 28th Ave S, Fargo N 58104
- For gifts other than cash (checks), please contact Jill Christopher at 701-232-3980 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further direction
|Federal Tax Savings deduction||-$1400||-$7,000||-$14,000|
|ND State Income Tax Credit||-$2000||-$10,000||-$20,000|
|“Cost” of Gift to the Donor||$1600||$8,000||$16,000|
*Based on 28% tax Bracket
Examples are for illustration purposes only. Please consult your attorney or accountant for specifics to your unique situation. This is a North Dakota tax credit and a federal deduction.
Gifts under $5,000 are greatly appreciated and are still tax-deductible, but do not quality for this credit.
Planned giving provides donors and non-profit organizations a unique connection that honors the wishes and life of the donor and also provides vital funding to the organization and cause. There are many ways for you to ensure that your legacy of caring for others, as well as your support of RMHC of the Red River Valley, continues for years into the future. We encourage you to discuss these options with your financial advisor.
Please contact Jill Christopher at 701-232-3980 or email@example.com if you are interested in planning a future gift.
Donate your used vehicle and support the RMHC of the Red River Valley. Car, motorcycle, RV, and trailer donations to RMHC is fast, free, easy, tax deductible and so appreciated! Click here to begin