Thank you for your interest in Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Red River Valley
We are proud of the work we do to keep families together and near the hospital while their children receive much-needed medical care.
Currently, we are seeking a Mission Support Specialist. Details and qualifications for this position are cited below.
If you are interested, you may apply using the form displayed on this page or email your contact information (full name, email, and phone number) and resume to Executive Director, Jill Christopher: firstname.lastname@example.org
MISSION SUPPORT SPECIALIST JOB POSTING
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES OF THE RED RIVER VALLEY
The Mission Support Specialist is an integral part of our marketing and development strategy with responsibilities for database management, event support, marketing, and communication support, and general office work to advance the mission of RMHC of the Red River Valley to keep families together and provide the comforts of home while their kids receive medical care. With the families we serve at the heart, this position requires keen attention to detail, a spirit of generosity, and a heart for making a difference. An ideal candidate is skilled in organization, communication, task management, and creativity.
This full-time, non-exempt position reports to the Development Director.
Donor Support and Database Management
- Manage, update, and prepare donor and volunteer records and reports
- Prepare thank-you notes for gifts received in a timely manner with the highest level of accuracy
- Coordinate weekly Donor Focused Staff Meeting
Mission Advancement and Marketing
- Coordinate and enact the annual development calendar and marketing plan under the direction of the Development Director.
- Oversee the design and production of marketing and promotional materials including newsletters, brochures, digital content, and related collateral materials.
- Support RMHC fundraising events including the Sweetheart Ball, Golf Tournament, and Giving Hearts Day
- Ensure the Social Media Calendar is executed on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate printing and distribution of written solicitation pieces.
- Solicit mission impact stories from past families.
- Assist with set-up and staffing of outreach efforts and community events to promote RMHC.
General Administrative Support
- Oversee office internal Sharepoint site.
- Answer main phone line and direct calls to the appropriate person.
- Coordinate the conference room schedule and ensure the room is always meeting
- Serve as the primary point of contact with IT and office equipment vendors
- Assist with preparation of the annual audit and other financial-based tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Skills and Competencies
- A heart for providing exceptional service and support to ensure supporters of RMHC feel appreciated
- Keen attention-to-detail and highly organized
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to quickly transition between tasks as needed (multitasking) and balance shifting priorities
- A can-do attitude and heart for embracing “other duties as assigned” as they relate to our strategic goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multi-faceted demands and deadlines
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well independently as well as adhere to directions from the team
- Self-motivated and able to regularly complete repetitive, scheduled tasks
- Proficient knowledge of Social Media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience with basic design and donor management software
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Giving Hearts Day
- Experience with Special Events
- Experience with Video editing/digital content
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a professional office environment or volunteer involvement.
- Valid driver’s license required.
PREFERRED POSITION REQUIREMENT
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, Marketing, or related field.