Thank you for your interest in Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Red River Valley
We are proud of the work we do to keep families together and near the hospital while their children receive much-needed medical care. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Current Open Positions:
Development Director Job Posting
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Red River Valley is hiring a Director of Development to secure financial support for our organization. Our ideal candidate loves working alongside others, is passionate about keeping families together while their child is in the hospital and enjoys cultivating donor relationships, asking for monetary support for the good of the mission, and utilizing your marketing skills to promote organizational awareness. The Development Director works closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other development team members to implement and refine our organization’s fundraising goals and strategic initiatives as well as the related marketing plan. The key accountabilities are:
1. Design and implement a multi-faceted fundraising strategy to build strong and successful donor and community relationships and drive future growth of the organization.
2. Effectively execute annual fundraising events including the Sweetheart Ball, Golf Tournament, and Giving Hearts Day.
3. Design and oversee marketing strategy to support fundraising and mission awareness.
• Directs all fundraising activities.
o Manage an ongoing portfolio of major gifts and sustained giving prospects and donors.
o Assure all donors receive appropriate recognition and appreciation for their support of our mission.
o Utilize donor database to track donor interactions.
o Continually develop and manage a dynamic caseload of loyal donors and new prospects to build long-term relationships between the organization’s mission and financial partners.
o Manage Annual Giving program.
o Oversee Development Committee of the Board of Directors and outside volunteers.
o Provide monthly report to the Board of Directors regarding development activities.
• Special Event Implementation
o Oversee successful implementation of the annual Sweetheart Ball and Golf Tournament fundraisers as well as Giving Hearts Day
o Manage volunteer event committees to ensure a successful event including solicitation of needed items, ticket sales and corporate sponsorships, event day logistics, and event tracking and follow-up.
o Initiate additional RMHC fundraisers as needed.
o Serve as a liaison between RMHC-RRV and the RMH Ride
• Oversee Marketing Strategy
o Design marketing strategies to support and ensure the success of RMHC-RRV fundraising endeavors.
o Supervise Marketing and Communications Coordinator
o Plans and conducts presentations and solicitations to corporate, civic and community organizations.
o Oversee traditional marketing such as radio advertising, radio remotes, print advertising and other opportunities within the annual development plan.
o Conduct community awareness events as needed.
• Complete other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Have the ability to:
• Lead and work with others to achieve organizational goals.
• Handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
• Be self-motivated and confident.
• Work in a team atmosphere that promotes positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Think critically and problem-solve.
• Work flexible schedules, including evening and weekends.
• Have strong project management and follow-through skills.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Deal effectively with the public and the media.
• Successfully use CRM database, Office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, OneDrive), and other cloud-based software programs.
-The Development Director is a full-time, exempt position that reports directly to the Executive Director.
-Working hours are generally 8:30am – 5pm, Monday-Friday. Some evenings and weekends will be needed.
-Travel will be dependent on projects. Overnight travel, while rare, will be possible.
o Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field.
o Must hold a valid driver’s license.
o Previous fundraising and development planning experience.
– Physical Requirements:
o Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed for the success of the nonprofit organization.