RMHC of the Red River Valley
The health and safety of the families staying with RMHC-RRV during this time of COVID-19/Coronavirus continues to be our top priority. As this time is like no other that we have seen in the RMHC system, we are doing all we can to protect the families we serve.
Like organizations around the world, we are facing the harsh and tragic realities of this global pandemic. Reported infection rates continue to rise in many areas of the world—and while it falls in others, much remains unknown about the virus itself and where the next surge or “hot spot” will be.
Because of this, we are currently unable to accept new families into RMHC programs. We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep you up to date on our changing state. We know this is truly difficult news in many ways—but we are confident that it is the most responsible and appropriate way to support RMHC guest families, staff and our neighbors around the globe. This decision allows us to: protect guest families and staff as well as account for the rapidly-evolving, dynamic environment.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. Please know we are taking the safety and security of our guests very seriously. If you have any questions, please feel free to call 701-232-3980 and talk to a staff member.
Thank you for your understanding!
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE:
At our Ronald McDonald House, these measures include the temporary suspension of:
- Visitors to the house apart from registered families staying with us
- Volunteer groups including cleaning, meal preparation and family entertainment/activity volunteers
- Pet therapy partner visits
- Conference room usage by outside groups
- House tours to outside groups and individuals
- Formal on-site check presentations and sponsor recognition activities
Essential item donations such as food, k-cups, paper towels, laundry detergent, Swiffer wet pads, and gift cards will be accepted for outside drop-off at our front door. You may also continue supporting the House during this time of great need through these non-contact ways:
- Purchase supplies to prepare dinner and drop them off in the entry at the Ronald McDonald House along with your favorite recipe. Meals continue to be an important way for us to care for our families. Contact Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org) to secure a time.
- Donate online at rmhcfargo.org or via mail to: 4757 Agassiz Xing S, Fargo ND 58104
- Send supplies to the House via our Amazon Wish List for delivery. Our entry way system makes it easy to accept deliveries without any non-essential staff or visitor entering the building.
RONALD MCDONALD FAMILY ROOM AT ESSENTIA HEALTH
As of March 13th and in conjunction with Essentia Health, we have suspended all volunteer activity at the Ronald McDonald Family Room.
We will continue to stock the Ronald McDonald Family Room as usual to support Essentia NICU families with the best service possible.
ADDED PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES INSIDE THE HOUSE
- Notification signs regarding screening requirements have been placed at all Ronald McDonald House entrances
- Continued sanitation of common areas, doorknobs, elevator buttons, handrails, etc. has been implemented
- Access to common areas has been limited and shared toys have been removed
- Computer keyboards and mice will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes before and after each use
ONGOING EFFORTS AND UPDATES FROM THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time. We are continuing to work with our hospital partners and to review updates and guidance set by governments and health officials. We encourage everyone to educate themselves and respond thoughtfully. You can stay up-to-date on the national guidance by visiting the CDC website.
We will remain attentive to the changing conditions and will make further announcements as necessary. Please remember to follow the precautions and preventive measures as recommended by the Ohio Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Please stay home when you are sick