RMHC of the Red River Valley
The health and safety of the families staying with RMHC-RRV during this time of COVID-19/Coronavirus continues to be our top priority. As this time is like no other that we have seen in the RMHC system, we are doing all we can to protect the families we serve.
We are now in the process of increasing the number of families we are serving and are admitting new families to our Ronald McDonald House. This will be a phased approach, and we will begin by admitting a limited number of families at a time. This will be accompanied by a robust set of procedures designed to protect families and staff to the greatest extent possible, including heightened cleaning and disinfection protocols, social distancing measures, wellness checks and use of personal protective equipment.
We will continue to work closely with our Board of Directors, partner hospitals, local health authorities and RMHC Global to ensure we are taking every precaution to protect the children and families we serve and our team that serves them. We do not take this responsibility lightly. We will continue to keep you updated as we move forward through the various phases of program reinstatement. Thank you for supporting our mission!
The following restrictions are still in place:
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE:
At our Ronald McDonald House, these measures include the temporary suspension of:
- Visitors to the house apart from registered families staying with us
- Volunteer groups including cleaning, meal preparation and family entertainment/activity volunteers
- Pet therapy partner visits
- Conference room usage by outside groups
- House tours to outside groups and individuals
- Formal on-site check presentations and sponsor recognition activities
Essential item donations such as food, k-cups, paper towels, laundry detergent, Swiffer wet pads, and gift cards will be accepted for outside drop-off at our front door. You may also continue supporting the House during this time of great need through these non-contact ways:
- Purchase supplies to prepare dinner and drop them off in the entry at the Ronald McDonald House along with your favorite recipe. Meals continue to be an important way for us to care for our families. Contact Ashley (email@example.com) to secure a time.
- Donate online at rmhcfargo.org or via mail to: 4757 Agassiz Xing S, Fargo ND 58104
- Send supplies to the House via our Amazon Wish List for delivery. Our entry way system makes it easy to accept deliveries without any non-essential staff or visitor entering the building.
RONALD MCDONALD FAMILY ROOM AT ESSENTIA HEALTH
As of March 13th and in conjunction with Essentia Health, we have suspended all volunteer activity at the Ronald McDonald Family Room. We will continue to stock the Ronald McDonald Family Room as usual to support Essentia NICU families with the best service possible.
ADDED PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES INSIDE THE HOUSE
- Notification signs regarding screening requirements have been placed at all Ronald McDonald House entrances
- Continued sanitation of common areas, doorknobs, elevator buttons, handrails, etc. has been implemented
- Access to common areas has been limited and shared toys have been removed
- Computer keyboards and mice will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes before and after each use